GRADUATE MED NORTH AMERICAN PATHWAY
Our physician-led specialized program is focused on students looking to practice medicine in Canada or the USA. Many are Canadians that understand the difficulty of medical school admissions and the pain of the CARMS Residency Match process. Others are international students looking to practice medicine in North America. Enterprising North American students coming out of high school or with some college credits dedicated to pursuing medicine will find the Graduate MED pathway cost and time effective. One of the biggest stressors after graduating with your MD is applying for and being ranked in residency Match. While we encourage all students to apply for US and Canadian Residency, the Graduate MED pathway allows our students access to the newly accredited Royal Canadian College International (RICC) Russian Residency Pathway. Even though residency can’t be guaranteed as it is dependent on your performance throughout medical school. The advantage of Graduate MED pathway is an internal residency program with spaces reserved for our MD graduates that is accredited by RCCI. This program is for our quality students that fail to Match in North America. Due to this advantage, Graduate MED will have a very high Match rate for its students. International students will find that our MD doubles as an MBBS, allowing for the broadest range of possible practice options. Feel secure knowing that you start this program with an advantage on other medical students studying abroad.
HOW TO APPLY
Find out more about our application process and the quick and easy steps.
Find out what companies are available to approach for tuition support/finance.
Kazan State Medical University (KSMU)
Kazan State Medical University was founded in 1814, the same year Yale conferred its first medical degrees. KSMU is an active partner and a host site for a consortium of Global Health initiatives with Yale University School of Medicine, University of Vermont, Western Connecticut Health Network, and Manatee Memorial Hospital in Florida. In the last 10 years, more than 500 KSMU students underwent summer clinical and research fellowships in 40 countries worldwide through an international student exchange program, and more than 200 non-Russian medical students were trained at KSMU.
Did you Know?
- KSMU has a student body of more than 5,000 medical students
- 65 departments
- More than 1,500 staff members
After Moscow and St. Petersburg, KSMU is the third oldest medical university in Russia.
In Kazan, KSMU is the only university recognized by:
- The Ministry of Healthcare and Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
- The WHO, listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (AVICENNA Directory for Medicine).
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (USA).
- Leading medical councils, including the Australian Medical Council, General Medical Council, Medical Council of India, and more.
GradMed Medical Doctor Program
A six-year course of study utilizing a subject-based methodology. After completion, students will have passed the US and Canadian Residency qualification exams, allowing them to apply in three different countries for Residency.
Internal Medicine Residency Program
A four-year program based at KSMU that has begun its inaugural 2016 class of residents in partnership with, and under the guidance of Royal College Canada International (RCCI).
Fill out our application form online and a Graduate Med representative will be in contact with you. Find out the things you will need to complete your application here.
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada is the national professional not-for-profit association that oversees the medical education and training of specialists in Canada. It accredits the university programs that train resident physicians for specialty practice and administers the examinations required for specialist certification to ensure that all specialists practice under a common standard of competence to improve the health and care of Canadians. Royal College International is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Royal College that has charitable status and was created to promote and deliver programs and services on behalf of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. We are bringing the Royal College’s accreditation process and high standards to KSMU graduate medical education programs. Through this partnership, we have developed a roadmap to embed the CanMEDS competency framework in teaching, learning, assessment, and setting goals to enhance the quality of medical education at KSMU. As a result, graduates of this program will be eligible to practice medicine in Canada and the United States.
The Royal College’s accreditation standards ensure the highest quality of medical education. Accreditation promotes excellence, providing trainees with the knowledge and expertise required to practice medicine at a high level. The objectives of the Royal College of Canada accreditation are to:
- Improve the quality of postgraduate medical education
- Provide a means for objective assessment of training programs
- Provide guidance to universities and training centres in developing new residency programs
- Assist program directors in reviewing the conduct and educational quality of their programs
- Improve patient safety through better communication, assessment, evaluation, and the development of faculty and programs
Royal College International conducts international outreach by forming academic partnerships with organizations sharing the Royal College’s values and providing educational and medical expertise that results in better patient care. Programs are delivered by Royal College International faculty who are experts in their field. Services include:
- Faculty development workshops: Assessment
- CanMEDS Conjoint conferences
- Accreditation of postgraduate medical residency programs and simulation centres
- Evidence-based curricula examination development and delivery
- Incorporation of the CanMEDS competencies into residency education
- Critical Care response training, development of CPD standards, policies and procedures
- Visiting Professors, Educators and Clinicians